DIY Flower Pots:
If you love plants and adding greens to your living space then you can practically turn anything into a DIY flower pot. Pots and planters add beauty to not only your garden but also your living and working area.
Here is how you can make a DIY flower pot easily:
DIY Hanging Colander Planter
- 1 – metal or stainless steel colander
- 1/4 cup white vinegar, alcohol, or de-glosser
- Sponge (to apply vinegar or alcohol)
- 1 – 12 oz can Ultra Cover primer
- 1 – 12 oz can Berry Pink Ultra Cover paint
- 1 – 12 oz can Ultra Cover Matte Clear Cover
- 5 – coffee filters or a piece of burlap
- small bag potting soil
- flowers or plants of your choice
- 1 – flower pot hanging kit
- 1 – all-purpose solar light, optional
- Wipe the surface of the metal colander with white vinegar or use any other deglosser. The vinegar helps clean the surface, remove any oily residue, and also makes paint peeling less likely.
- Allow the colander to completely dry before priming.
- Add the primer, spray one coat of primer all over the colander (inside & out) and allow to dry completely.
- Once the primer is dry, paint the colander with a color of your choice. Let the colander completely dry and finish with a clear coat spray to seal and protect the paint. Let the colander dry overnight before planting.
- Line the inside of the colander with coffee filters or cut a circle out of a piece of burlap fabric, this will hold the soil in the colander and allow for adequate drainage as well. You can also add rocks as well on top of the burlap or filters, if you want.
- Add about 1 inch of potting soil over the coffee filters/ burlap. Add flowers or plants, and then cover with more soil to hide the coffee filters.
- Water the plants or flowers regularly.
- Place the DIY flower pot on the table or hang the colander with flower pot hooks and a chain or twine to create a hanging plant option.
An easy DIY flower pot that adds flair and beauty to the nooks and craanies of your house and garden.