DIY FACE MIST
Face mist is fortified water that helps to rehydrate the skin. This fortified water contains herb extracts and other natural ingredients that help to hydrate your skin through the day. These face mist are non-greasy, customized for your skin and also don’t affect your makeup.
A face mist’s primary ingredients are water, herb extracts, essential oils and other natural ingredients like Aloe Vera, cucumber, oat mil, salts. Some mists need refrigeration depending on the ingredients. Here are some natural DIY face mist formulations:
- A spray bottle with a fine mist sprayer
- Distilled or filtered water
- Fresh or dried herbs
All you need to do is pour water in the spray bottle and add herbs, essentials oils, and other things.
Face mist formulation# 1
- Calendula helps heal skin abrasions and reduce redness.
- Chamomile is very calming and soothing for the skin.
- Like chamomile, Lavender is very calming and also speeds healing.
- Rosemary is an antibacterial.
- Frankincense is an astringent, antiseptic and disinfectant.
There are many other herbs like pine, fir, mint, lemon balm, roses, comfrey, etc that can be mixed into the basic face mist for benefits.
Face mist formulation # 2
- Aloe Vera is a humectant and also speeds up healing.
- Cucumber juice has soothing and cooling effects.
- Witch hazel helps tighten pores and minimize their appearance.
- Coconut water is an excellent face mist.
- Honey is a humectant and an anti-bacterial. When added with a little milk into the face mist it is extremely beneficial.
These can be added to the basic face mist formulation for benefits.
Face mist formulation # 3
You can add any essential oil to the basic face mist. All you have to do is shake your bottle before each use or use an emulsifier.
Some DIY face mists to try at home
Vanilla Chamomile face mist
- 1 chamomile tea bag
- 2 to 3 drops vanilla essential oil
- 2 drops jojoba oil
- Distilled water
Add chamomile tea bag to one cup of water. Let steep for an hour. Fill spritz bottle three-quarters full with cooled tea, add vanilla essential oil, jojoba oil and top with distilled water. Shake and spritz.
Revitalizing rosewater toner
- 1/2 cup rose water
- 1 tablespoon jojoba oil
Mix ingredients and spritz.
Lavender peppermint mist
- 1 peppermint tea bag
- 2 to 3 drops lavender essential oil
Steep tea bag in boiling water. Let cool completely. Add lavender oil and shake to mix.
Nothing feels quite as luxurious as spritzing a light, soothing mist onto your skin to nourish and calm it and what better than a DIY face mist.
Also, Read-DIY Under Eye Cream