Flowers always add a dash of color to any setting. Be it fresh or artificial flowers induce a feeling of freshness anywhere they are placed. Sourcing fresh flowers everyday can be a drain on the pocket and then they don’t last long enough. A good alternative are paper flowers of the many options available. And rather than buying paper flowers, you can try making them at home the DIY way. DIY easy paper flowers are a quick and easy method to revamp your home in minutes.
Here are some colorful and bright ideas to make ypur very own DIY easy paper flowers.
Tissue paper carnations
- Tissue paper (different colors)
- Floral wire, pipe cleaner, or twist ties
- Straw for stems
- Take five to seven tissue papers and cut them into sheets of size 7×11 inches. You can use the papers of the same color or use different colored sheets to make a colorful flower. You can use more sheets to make the flower fluffier.
- Stack the sheets neatly and make ¾-inch folds, accordion style (folding the paper back and forth). The folds must be of the same size.
- If any excess paper is left, trim it.
- Round the edges of the paper using the scissors – once you do, there won’t be any corners.
- Use a pipe cleaner to tie around the center of the folded paper.
- Open one end of the paper, spreading the paper like a fan. Now, separate each layer of paper for the petals. Open the petals one layer at a time, don’t try to pull them all at once.
- Repeat the above step for the other end of the folded paper.
- Once all the layers are open, you have a pretty, fluffy pom-pom flower.
- Take a straw and stick it to the flower with glue or tape to create a stem.
- 1 A4 size red craft paper
- Straw and green crepe paper
- Pencil and ruler scale
- Make two 10-inch squares from the craft paper.
- Fold each square in half and then fold that into another half.
- Fold the small square diagonally so that you get a triangle.
- Draw a curve starting from pointy edge in the middle (the one opposite the longer side of the triangle) and move towards the center of the right side. Cut along the curve.
- Open that and you will have a red flower. Do the same with the other paper as well.
- Snip the center of the flower to make a small hole.
- For the stem, wrap the straw with the green crepe paper and glue them.
- Push the straw through the center of the flower and make a knot to prevent it from slipping down. Now glue to stick the knot to the flower, to hold the stem in place.
- The red poppy flower is ready!
These DIY easy paper flowers are really very easy to make and can transform your living space into a more inviting and warm space.