Washing your hair every day may extract the oil or grease from your hair, but it may also leave your hair dry and flaky as washing your hair every single day can lead to strip your scalp and hair as it extracts the natural oils and nutrients from your hair. So you can try to wash your hair every third day or second day, for that matter. This will save a lot of your time as well as it will slow down the oil production in your hair, leaving your hair looking healthier and shinier. Instead of shampooing every day you can use a 100% safe homemade dry shampoo. Just sprinkle a tiny bit on your hair and it will quickly absorb all the grease and oil. Plus, it gives hair nice volume and texture. DIY Dry Shampoo. You can use dry shampoo on various occasions:
- Use when your hair feels greasy – So you don’t have to wash your hair every day.
- Use dry shampoo after gym.
- They are a great option for camping trips.
- You can also use dry shampoo after a long flight or a travel day. Just carry a small bottle and sprinkle some on your hair to freshen up.
- Use if you want to add hold and volume to your hair
- Also, when you are in a real hurry and have no time to shampoo.
Here we have two amazing recipes to make a 100% safe DIY Dry Shampoo for your hair.
Dry Shampoo for dark hair
This recipe is for all of you have dark colored hair. It blends beautifully and you get to smell like chocolate.
To make a dry shampoo for your dark hair, you will need:
- 2 Tablespoon arrowroot powder
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon Cocoa Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Rosemary Powder Powder (optional)
You can also use cornstarch instead of the arrowroot powder, both will work in the same way. And if you want, you can add 2 or 3 drops max. of essential oils such as peppermint, lavender, tea tree, or rosemary.
Dry Shampoo for Blonde Hair
You need to use dry shampoo according to your hair type and color. The shade of the shampoo you need to make depends on how light your hair color is. If you want to make it darker, use cocoa or cinnamon. If you have really light hair, then you may want to skip the cocoa altogether.
The ingredients you need for the recipe are:
- 2 Tablespoon Arrowroot powder or Cornstarch
- 1/2 Teaspoon Cocoa Powder or Cinnamon Powder
- 1 Tsp Chamomile Flower Powder (optional)
With these, you can use some finely ground flowers or herbs like marigold, rose, lavender, mint, etc. To add some scent to your dry shampoo.