DIY Diwali Gifts:
Festivals bring with them the ethereal joy of getting together and celebrating. The daily routines don’t allow meeting with family and friends every day, it is festivals like these that bring all the loved ones together to rejoice. Diwali is one such occasion where we meet our near and dear ones with sweets and something special to make the occasion memorable. The dilemma of buying gifts is one that troubles many, but this Diwali gets your creative juices flowing and make some appealing DIY Diwali gifts.
Here are some great ideas for DIY Diwali gifts:
DIY Chai Spice Mix
- 2 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tbsp ground cardamom
- 1 tbsp ground ginger
- 1 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- Take all the spices and add them in a mixing bowl.
- Mix the spices well so that they are combined well.
- Take the mix and pour it into a transparent glass jar or bottle.
- Take a bright ribbon or twine and tie it around the jar. Your DIY Diwali gift is ready.
Paper cube string lights
- A string of 20 LED lights
- 20 pieces of square sheets of paper of the size 8.5” X 8.5”
- Some origami skills.
- Take the square sheet of paper and follow the above directions to make small cubes numbering 20.
- The number of cubes should match the number of lights on the string that you get.
- Prepare the cubes. Now take the string and poke each LED light into the paper cube.
- You don’t need to apply glue or any other adhesive. The paper cubes will fix on the lights easily.
- Pack these lightly in a cardboard box that has been covered with some elegant wrapping paper. And your beautiful DIY paper lights are ready for gifting.
When it comes to DIY Diwali gifts, there is no dearth of ideas. You can make some exquisite homemade sweets, jewelry boxes, embellished votive and so much more to gift to family and friends.