DIY Crafts For Girls:
It is imperative to get the creative juices flowing in young boys and girls. This helps to channelize the energies and also teaches them constructive things and life skills. DIY is the best way to engage the younger population for productive use. DIY crafts for girls is a great way for them to learn new things and also enhance motor skills.
Paper Straw Tulip Craft
- Green paper straws
- Tulip flower pattern
- Craft paper in different colors
- Hole punch
- Glue stick
- Draw the pattern of the tulip flower on craft paper and cut it out.
- Fold the cut out tulip flower in the accordion fold 4 times.
- Punch a hole in the center of the folded flower with the punch hole.
- Unfold the flower and with the help of a straw slide it in the holes through the tulip.
- Cut two leaves thin in shape from green craft paper.
- Glue the bottom of each leaf and wrap them around the bottom of the paper straw.
- Your paper straw tulip craft flowers are ready.
The Dream catchers
- Paper plates (cheap, uncoated plates work best)
- Pony beads
- Hole punch
- Take the paper plate and cut the center of the plate leaving the outer ring.
- Using a hole punch, punch holes along the inner edge of the ring.
- Place two holes on the top of the ring to hang and three at the bottom to hang feathers.
- Decorate the paper plate ring with colors, glitter, sequins or anything that you like.
- Cut three strings of yarn and tie a feather to one end. String in some beads to make it look pretty.
- Now cut a length of yarn and string it across the middle of the plate.
- Tie the yarn on one hole and weave the yarn through the holes across the center of the ring to create a web of yarn.
- Add a few beads or pearls to the yarn to make it pretty.
- Attach feathers to the three holes at the bottom and a yarn on the top two holes for hanging.
Two simple and easy DIY crafts for girls that will keep them engaged and give them sharp motor skills too.