DIY Christmas Tree Decorations:
The Christmas tree is a favorite with everyone. Putting up the tree in the first case becomes a fun family activity, and then decorating it with ornaments is what the spirit of the festival is all about. Happiness and togetherness with all your loved ones is when the entire family gets together and decorates the home and the tree for Christmas. DIY Christmas tree decorations are a great way to spend some quality time with your loved ones this Christmas.
Here are some DIY Christmas tree decorations ideas for you to try:
Tissue Paper Wreath
- A circular wreath ring cut out from a cardboard or paper plate
- Green tissue paper squares
- Craft glue
- Paint brush
- Ribbon or string to hang the wreath
- Embellishments to decorate like sequins, gemstones, pomp oms etc.
- Take a paper plate or a cardstock or cardboard and cut it into a ring.
- Take the paint brush and glue and mix in a few drops of water to make it a little thin.
- Take the paint brush and spread some glue on a little part of the ring form.
- Take the end of the pencil and press the green tissue in the middle as shown.
- Glue it to the ring form. Similarly glue the rest of the green tissue squares and stick them on the wreath form until covered entirely.
- You can glue some embellishments like pom-pom, sequins or gemstones to make it pretty.
- Paste a string or ribbon and the wreath is ready to be put on the tree.
Cinnamon stick tree ornament
- An assortment of ribbons in any color you like
- Long sticks of cinnamon
- String or twine to hang the ornament
- Spray starch
- Take the ribbons and cut in into 9-10 inches. For each cinnamon stick you will need 6 strips of ribbon.
- Tie the 6 pieces of ribbon around one cinnamon stick.
- Spray some starch on the ribbon and iron the ribbon with an iron to stiffen the ribbon. This helps the ribbon to retain its shape.
- Take a pair of craft scissors and cut the ribbons on each cinnamon stick in the shape of a tree.
- Take a piece of string or twine and glue it on the top of your cinnamon stick tree. Glue a small bow made with ribbon at the bottom of the twine to cover the joint.
- Allow the glue to dry. Once done hang the Christmas tree decorations on your Christmas tree.
- These beautiful DIY Christmas tree decorations are easy to make and look beautiful too.