DIY Christmas Decorating For Kids:
The most exciting thing to do around the home during Christmas and holiday season is to decorate the house with things made by you and the family. This adds a personal touch to every nook and cranny of the house. And most importantly, it gets the kids all excited as they get to soak their hands into the paint, use scissors and lots of glue and so much more. DIY Christmas decorations for kids is the best way to get them helping around the house and enjoying at the same time.
Here are some great DIY Christmas decorations for kids:
Handprint Christmas Tree
- Cardstock green in color or a thick green chart paper will also do
- Yellow or golden paper to make a star
- A jumbo size craft stick
- Paper cutouts, gemstones or buttons
- Brown paint
- Washi tape or yarn for hanging the Christmas tree
- Take the jumbo craft stick and paint it brown in color. Allow it to dry.
- Take the green cardstock or chart paper and place your hand on it. Spread the fingers nicely and trace the outline of the hand on the card stock with a pencil.
- Take scissors and cut the green cardstock along the outline of the hand.
- Take the dried craft stick and apply some glue on one end and stick it to the outline of the hand.
- Take the yellow/ golden paper and cut out a star and glue it on the top of the handprint Christmas tree.
- Paste some buttons, gemstones or paper cuttings on the handprint Christmas tree and embellish it.
- You can either just glue them on the wall or attach a piece of string or yarn and use it as an ornament for the tree or hang it around the nooks in the house.
Paper Plate Santa
- Paper plate white
- Paints in red, black, white and orange
- Craft glue
- Cotton wool
- Pom-pom white
- Mix some white paint with a little orange or pink color to get the color of the skin tone.
- Take a paper plate and paint half of the plate in the color of the skin tone that you have prepared.
- Paint the other half with red paint, making a slight curve on one end to give a hat-like shape.
- Allow it to dry. Once done, with some more red paint make a small circle for the nose of the Santa.
- Take some glue and apply the glue between the border of white and red.
- Roll some cotton wool and glue it to the place where you have put the craft glue.
- Similarly apply some glue on the base of the skin tone half and glue some cotton wool to make the beard of Santa.
- Add a pair of eyes by applying black paint and glue the pomp om at the tip of the hat. Allow to dry.
- Your paper plate Santa is ready.
These DIY Christmas decorations for kids will surely keep them happy and busy this Christmas.