Whether you’re a book lover or not a bookshelf adds a warm feel to your home. A bookshelf works as the perfect place for keeping your books and also as a storage unit for any room. A practical storage solution where space is a constraint. A DIY bookshelf is not difficult to make at all. Just a little planning and time.
Here are some hip ideas to design and craft your own DIY bookshelf:
Bookshelf made of crates
- 4 or 8 rectangular unfinished wood crates.
- Paint or varnish as per your choice of color.
- Wood glue
- Short screws
- Take the wood crates and stain them in the desired color and let it dry overnight.
- Arrange the crates and make sure they fit as you expect.
- Once the arrangement fits, use wood glue to attach them all to one another.
- Use binder clips to hold the crates in place while the glue dries.
- Leave it overnight to dry.
- Drill holes and use short screws to secure the crates to one another for stability.
- Your crate bookshelf is ready for use.
Industrial pipe bookshelf
– Black Hammered Metal Spray Paint
– 1″ X 6″ X 30″ Pieces of Wood*
– Dark Walnut Stain – Clear Satin Polyurethane
– Elmer’s ProBond Advanced
– Elmer’s Clamping Tape
- Fix the piping in the following manner.
- Put together all the piping and tighten it at different angles to get them perfectly level and straight.
- Once secure spray paint them in the color of your choice.
- To make a sturdy bookshelf secure them to sttids rather than drywall screws.
- Take wooden boards to make shelves. Secure the shelves to the metal piping with advanced glue.
- Let dry to get it fixed properly.
- Once dry your DIY galvanized piping bookshelf is ready to be used.
These DIY bookshelf ideas can be altered as per your convenience depending on the size you want.