DIY is always fun when done with friends and family. Craft sessions that help rejuvenate and make the spirits joyous. Making DIY baskets for keeping small knick-knacks, fruits, laundry and much more helps to organize the home better.
Here is how you can make your very own DIY basket from scratch:
DIY METALLIC ROPE THROW BASKET
- Round laundry basket
- 1 bottle metallic paint in Copper
- About 50 feet of ½” Jute rope
- 1 yard felt, fleece or muslin
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks
- Utility knife
- Paint brush
- Attach the felt/ muslin/ fleece to the base of the laundry basket with the help of a hot glue gun. As you glue the cloth, fold and make pleats.
- Once the glue has dried off completely, cut off the excess material around the sides of the laundry basket. Glue the seam up to the top of the basket. Don’t trim the excess felt/ fleece/muslin at the top.
- Take the jute rope and starting at the base of the laundry basket, start wrapping the rope and glue it at the same time around the basket. Once you reach the top of the basket, tuck the rope under the lip of the basket.
- Take the excess felt and fold it back in such a way that it is hanging outside of the basket. Take a utility knife and cut off the top rim/handles of the laundry basket.
- Tuck the excess felt/ fleece/ muslin back into the basket to get a basket liner for your DIY Basket.
- Once the basket is dried and ready, it is time to paint it in the color of your choice, metallic copper in this case.
- If you want a dual-tone, then start the color block about a quarter of the way down from the top, dry brush the copper paint, starting at that point and work your way down to the base of the basket.
- Once the entire bottom color block has been painted, go down to the base of the basket and build up the color. You can literally smoosh the paint at the bottom, gradually lightening the smooshing and lessening the amount of paint as you work your way up, creating a subtle ombré color.
- Allow the paint to dry and your DIY basket is ready for use. Store your throw or anything else in it.
Not only does the DIY basket look pretty when placed in any corner of the house but it also comes in handy to store your things properly too.