Diwali Decorations DIY:
The festival of lights always enthuses a feeling of joy and happiness. Deepawali brings with it an opportunity to use DIY to make some Diwali decorations extraordinaire!!
Here are some great Diwali decorations DIY ideas for you to try this Deepawali:
Paper Cup Lanterns
- Paper cups
- Wrapping paper
- Take wrapping papers of different colors and pattern and glue them around the paper cups.
- Make a small hole at the bottom of each paper cup.
- Take string lights and put the bulbs through the hole in the cups.
- Hang the paper cups on the sides of the windows or doors for a beautiful Diwali decorations DIY idea.
- Sweet lime or orange
- Sharp knife/scissors
- Tea lights
- Take the orange or sweet lime or any citrus fruit and cut it in half.
- Scoop out the pulp from the two halves of the orange or sweet lime. Be careful not to spoil the outer peel.
- Once the pulp has been squeezed out, place the tea light in the peel sphere.
- Once the candle lights up, it gives out a beautiful diffused light and also a tangy aroma.
Bottle Lanterns for the Garden
- Empty honey/jam bottles
- Glass liner in color of choice like gold, black, red
- Small craft mirrors
- Thin locking wire
- Tea lights or candles.
- Take the empty jam/honey bottles and clean them thoroughly inside outside.
- With glass, liners make a design on the empty bottles of your choice.
- Mix some sand and glitter and fill the bottle 1/4th
- Take a tea light or a candle and place it on the sand.
- Take some locking wire and wind it around the neck of the bottle.
- Hang the bottles around on trees or place them on the tables or window sill for beautiful looking lights.
These Diwali decorations DIY are inexpensive and can be made in a few minutes.