Disinfectant Spray DIY:
We live in a world that is filled with microorganisms like bacteria, virus and others. It’s an everyday struggle to peacefully coexist in such circumstances. Survival of the fittest is not only true for us as humans but also for other organisms that thrive in our world. Some we fight off with our built up immunity while some we succumb to! In times of this looming pandemic of the coronavirus that has plagued the world one thing that has come out is the maintenance of hygiene both personally and of the surrounding areas. A disinfectant comes in handy to fight this stubborn microorganism. A Disinfectant spray DIY is our sure shot bet when a lockdown restricts our movements outside.
Homemade disinfectant spray DIY:
- 1 ½ cups 100 proof alcohol or higher. This includes isopropyl rubbing alcohol or just plain bottle of vodka.
- ½ cup white distilled vinegar or alcohol.
- At least 50 to 60 drops of any essential oil like lavender or tea tree oil. This is optional.
- Spray bottle.
- Take a spray bottle and clean it properly.
- Pour the alcohol into the spray bottle, which can be either rubbing alcohol or vodka as per the availability.
- Add the essential oil to the alcohol.
- Shake the bottle well so that the oil and the alcohol mix well.
- Add the distilled vinegar and shake it well again.
- Your disinfectant spray DIY is ready for use.
Instant disinfectant spray DIY:
- Hydrogen peroxide
- Hydrogen peroxide is very good disinfectant.
- If available at home just pour some in a spray bottle and do not dilute it with water.
- Handling hydrogen peroxide requires you to be careful as it can bleach some surfaces.
Wash your hands thoroughly with a good hand wash or soap for at least 20 seconds, wipe and disinfect surfaces and handles with a disinfectant spray DIY and keep your home and surroundings clean.