CSIR Net Exam Pattern:
The CSIR-UGC NET exam is one of the most prominent exams conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA). It is held to determine the eligibility for Lectureship/ assistant Professor and Junior Research Fellowship in Indian universities and colleges. CSIR NET exam pattern is prescribed by the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR).
Here are the details of the CSIR NET exam pattern:
The CSIR NET exam will be conducted for 5 subjects which include the following:
- Earth Science
- Life Science
- Chemical Science
- Physical Science
- Mathematical Science
Release of application form for CSIR NET exam: 16th March 2020
Last date to submit completed application form: 15th April 2020
- The candidate must possess an M.Sc. or equivalent degree/ Integrated BS-MS/BS-4 years/BE/B. Tech/B. Pharma/MBBS with a minimum 55% marks for general (unreserved)/ general (EWS) and OBC candidates; and 50% marks for SC/ ST/ PwD candidates.
- Those candidates enrolled in M.Sc / or have completed 10+2+3 pattern of qualifying exam can also apply for the exam.
- Candidates who possess B.Sc (Hons) degree or equivalent or are enrolled in Integrated MS-PhD program with a minimum 55% marks for General (UR)/General-EWS and OBC candidates; 50% marks for SC/ST/ PwD candidates can apply.
- There is no age limit for lectureship/ assistant professor.
- For JRF, the candidate must be not more than 28 years of ageas on 1st July 2019.
The CSIR NET exam pattern is as follows:
- The exam is a computer based online test.
- The duration of the exam is 3 hours in cumulative.
- The exam is divided into 3 sections – A, B and C. there will be no break in between the sections.
- The sections will have the following type of questions:
Section A: General aptitude. This is common to all subjects.
Section B: subject specific questions
Section C: Subject specific questions
- The maximum marks for the exam is 200 marks.
- There is negative marking for every incorrect answer attempted.
- Candidates can apply for either or both JRF and Lectureship.
The exam pattern for various subjects is as follows:
For any further details or queries, candidates can check the CSIR NET exam pattern online at the website www.csirhrdg.res.in .