DIY Indian Crafts:
When you think of India, you think of color, culture and creativity. The India subcontinent is full of a rich heritage which is evident from its huge ethos and regional distinctions. With every footstep, the colors of the region changes… so vast is the country that it brings with itself, mammoth diversity yet all united by one feeling of “Indianism”. The houses that we dwell in also reflect our regional diversity with the various crafts and artifacts present in our nooks and corners. Filling spaces with color and love.
Getting these crafts from the markets can prove to be quite expensive. DIY is one of the best ways to give your house a personal touch with crafts made easily. Here is a DIY Indian craft made easy:
DIY Lotus Tea lights
- Tea lights
- Acrylics Rhinestones of different colors and shapes as per your choice and design ( round and teardrop shapes ones have been used in this DIY)
- Cut cardboard into circles to make lotus tea lights. You can make any design and shape as you wish. The size of the circle should be 3 inches larger than tea light.
- Apply some glue at the base of tea light and stick it in the center of the cardboard circle.
- Let dry completely.
- Once dry, take rhinestones and start sticking them around the tea light. Lighter shades like white or any other around the base of the tea light.
- Take teardrop rhinestones and glue them to the edge of the cardboard to form a neat circular pattern.
- Let dry. Stick more rhinestones in the pattern of your choice and fill up the empty spaces to give a rich look.
- Let it dry completely. Once done, your tea light is ready to add color and glitter to your home.
- You can enhance the look further by adding colored beads around the tea light to make it more elegant.
Your house looks more welcoming with these small DIY Indian craft ideas. They make the house and the corner in which they are placed more inviting.