COMEDK Exam Pattern:
The COMEDK exam is conducted for gaining admission to various medical, engineering and dental colleges in the state of Karnataka. The COMEDK exam is conducted by the Consortium of Medical, Engineering and Dental Colleges of Karnataka popularly referred to as COMEDK. The COMEDK exam pattern helps students prepare for the exam in a methodical manner.
The Consortium of Medical Engineering and Dental Colleges (COMEDK) conducts the under graduate entrance test (UGET) for granting admission to various under graduate courses. There are 190 engineering colleges, 16 medical and 24 dental colleges under COMEDK.
COMEDK exam pattern:
|Subjects||PCM(B.E)||PCB(MBBS/BDS)||PCMB(B.E & MBBS/BDS)|
|Physics||60 MCQ||60 MCQ||60 MCQ|
|Chemistry||60 MCQ||60 MCQ||60 MCQ|
|Mathematics||60 MCQ||Not Applicable||60 MCQ|
|Biology||Not Applicable||60 MCQ||60 MCQ|
|English||Not Applicable||60 MCQ||60 MCQ|
|Total||180 MCQ||240 MCQ||300 MCQ|
- The COMEDK exam is a computer based online examination.
- The exam consists of multiple choice objective questions.
- The duration of the exam is 3 hours/ 180 minutes.
- The total number of questions asked are 180.
- The exam consists of 3 sections which includes Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
- The total weightage of the exam is 180 marks.
- The marking scheme is as follows:
- Correct answer: +1 marks
- There is no negative marking in the exam.
- In case of a tie in the test score the principle of the least number of wrong responses will be adopted.
|Section||Total no. of questions||Total marks||Time|
|Mathematics||60||60||1 hour/ 60 minutes|
|Physics||60||60||2 hours/ 120 minutes combined|
|Total||180 questions||180 marks||3 hours/ 180 minutes|
COMEDK exam syllabus:
- Relations and functions
- Vectors and three-dimensional geometry
- Electric charges and fields
- Electrostatic potential and capacitance
- Current electricity
- Moving charges and magnetism
- Magnetism and matter
- Electromagnetic induction
- Alternating current
- Electromagnetic waves
- Ray optics and optical instruments
- Wave optics
- Dual nature of radiation and matter
- Semiconductor electronics
- Communication systems
- Solid state
- Chemical kinetics
- Surface chemistry
- General principles and processes of isolation of elements
- P-block elements
- D and f block elements
- Coordination compounds
- Haloalkanes and haloarenes
- Alcohols, phenols and ethers
- Aldehydes, ketones and carboxylic acids
- Organic compounds containing nitrogen
- Chemistry in everyday life
For any further queries regarding the COMEDK exam pattern check the website at https://www.comedk.org/uget-test-scheme-and-related-details/