Coast Guard Exam Pattern:
The Indian Coast Guard has released a notification inviting applications from eligible candidates for recruitment of navik (general duty). The Coast Guard exam pattern aims at helping eligible candidates to prepare for the exam according to the pattern laid down by the conducting authority.
Here are the details of the Coast Guard exam pattern:
Date of start of registration of application form: 26th January 2020
Last date to submit completed application: 2nd February 2020
Date of release of admit card: February 2020
Date of examination: February/ March 2020
- Education: The candidate must have passed class 12th with Maths and Physics as compulsory subjects with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks from a recognized board/ school.
- Age: The candidate must be at least 18 years of age and not exceed 22 years. Upper age relaxation is as follows:
- SC/ ST: 5 years
- OBC: 3 years
- The Coast Guard examination is conducted in 3 phases. These include the following:
- Written examination
- Physical Fitness Test (PFT)
- Medical examination
Coast Guard exam pattern:
- The written exam will comprise of multiple choice objective questions.
- The questions of the exam will be based on the following subjects:
- Basic Chemistry.
- English (12th class standard).
- General Knowledge.
- Current Affairs.
- Quantitative Aptitude.
- The medium of the exam will be English / Hindi.
- There is no negative marking in the exam.
Physical Fitness Test:
- 1.6 km running within 7 minutes
- 20 squat ups
- 10 push ups
- The candidates visual standard should be normal as 6/6 (better eye) without glasses.
- The minimum height should be 157 cms. Candidates from hilly regions will get reduction of height as per rules laid down by the Government of India.
- The candidate must be a minimum 05 cms expansion in the chest.
- The candidate must not have any tattoos on their body.
- The weight of the candidate must be in accordance to their height.
For any further details or queries regarding Coast Guard exam pattern check the website at www.joinindiancoastguard.gov.in .