CMAT Exam Pattern:
The Common Management Admission Test or CMAT as it is popularly known as is a national level exam that is conducted by the National Testing Agency. The All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) used to conduct the exam prior to 2018. The CMAT exam pattern gives a detailed account of how the exam is to be attempted.
Here are the details of the CMAT exam pattern:
The CMAT exam is held to grant admission to management courses across leading business and management schools across India. The CMAT score is accepted by institutions, universities, colleges approved by AICTE.
- The CMAT is a computer-based online examination.
- The CMAT exam comprises of multiple choice objective questions.
- The duration of the CMAT exam is 3 hours/ 180 minutes.
- The exam will consist of 100 questions.
- The maximum marks for the exam is 400 marks.
- The marking scheme of the exam is as follows:
- Correct answer: +4 marks
- Incorrect answer: -1 for every wrong answer.
- It is important to note that a candidate will get 4 marks for a question that is no attempted.
- The CMAT exam consists of the following sections:
- Language Comprehension
- Quantitative Techniques and Data Interpretation
- Logical Reasoning
- General awareness
|CMAT Exam Sections||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks Section-wise|
|Quantitative Techniques and Data Interpretation||25||100|
- The NTA releases a CMAT mock test a month prior to the main exam on the exam website.
- The day of the CMAT exam, each candidate is given a computer terminal and a scratch paper for calculations. The rough sheet is to be left behind at the desk after the exam.
- There is no break in between the exam.
- The highlight of the CMAT exam is that no candidate is disqualified from the exam despite low scores.
For any further details or queries regarding the CMAT exam pattern check the exam website.