Christmas Ornaments DIY:
It’s not just about bringing a Christmas tree home, it’s all about decorating it with love and gratitude for the people we love and the life we live. The markets nowadays offer many easy options to decorate the Christmas tree, but making something on your own the DIY way gives a whole new outlook to the festivities of Christmas. Ornaments to hang in the home and on the tree bring the festive cheer to the spirits as well. Christmas ornaments DIY is the best foot forward when you want to decorate your tree.
Here are some great ideas for Christmas ornaments DIY:
Dangling star ornaments
- 1 cup salt
- 2 cups flour
- Food coloring (optional)
- Water to knead
- Star shaped cookie cutter
- Hot glue gun
- Sequins and gemstones to embellish the stars
- Ribbon or string
- Mix together the salt, flour and with ¾ cups of water knead until well mixed. You can add food coloring to the water before kneading to give the dough a color.
- Roll out the dough on a flat surface. Take a star shaped cookie cutter and cut the dough.
- Poke a hole on top of each star with a skewer or toothpick.
- Bake these at 350 degree F or 176 degree centigrade for 10 minutes.
- Once done use a hot glue gun and stick the sequins and gemstones.
- Allow to dry. Take a ribbon or string attach it on the hole made by skewer.
- Hang the stars on your Christmas tree as ornaments.
Sparkling Angel Ornament
- Decorative paper shiny and sparkly will do
- Doll pin heads
- Doll pins
- Hot glue gun
- Craft wire
- Color marker
- Take the decorative paper and cut out a body and wings for the angel.
- Take some hot glue and stick a 1” doll pin head to a 4.25” doll pin.
- With a color marker draw the face on the doll pin head.
- Take the decorative paper and wrap it around the doll pin in a conical shape and stick it with glue.
- Slit 2 small cuts on the conical body and insert the wings. Glue the wings so they don’t fall apart.
- Take some craft wire and curl it into a halo.
- Glue this halo on the doll pin head to get your angel ornament.
Christmas ornaments DIY is simple and can be made in minutes. So get going and bring in the festive spirit home with these decorations.