CGPSC Exam Pattern:
The Chattisgarh Public Service Commission conducts the recruitment exam for the CGPSC. The recruitment exam helps in the selection of candidates to various posts in the state government machinery. The CGPSC exam is modelled on the UPSC Civil Services exam. The CGPSC exam pattern allows candidates to prepare methodically for the exam.
Here are the details of the CGPSC exam pattern:
Date of release of notification for CGPSC: 25th November 2019
Date of start registration of application: 6th December 2019
Last date to submit completed application: 4th January 2020
Date of release of admit card for prelims: Till 8th February 2020
Date of prelims CGPSC exam: 9th February 2020
Date of mains CGPSC exam: 17th to 20th June 2020
- General: 400/-
- OBC/ SC/ ST: 300/-
CGPSC Exam pattern:
The CGPSC exam consists of 3 stages. These include the following:
- Preliminary exam
- Main exam
- The prelim is an online computer-based examination.
- The exam consists of MCQ (multiple choice objective) questions.
- The exam consists of two papers which include general studies and aptitude test.
- The duration of the exam is two hours each.
- The exam consists total of 100 questions each.
- The weightage of the exam is 200 marks each.
- The marking scheme is as follows:
- Correct answer: +2 marks for every correct answer.
- Incorrect answer: – 1/3rd marks will be deducted for every wrong answer/
- The main exam is an offline pen and paper-based examination.
- The exam consists of subjective and descriptive questions.
- The exam comprises of 7 papers.
- The duration of the paper is 3 hours each.
- The total weightage of the exam is 1400 marks.
|I||Language||3 Hrs/ 180 minutes||200|
|II||Essay||3 Hrs/ 180 minutes||200|
|III||History, Constitution & Public Administration||3 Hrs/ 180 minutes||200|
|IV||Science, Technology & Environment||3 Hrs/ 180 minutes||200|
|V||Economics & Geography||3 Hrs/ 180 minutes||200|
|VI||Mathematics & Logical Ability||3 Hrs/ 180 minutes||200|
|VII||Philosophy & Sociology||3 Hrs/ 180 minutes||200|
- The candidates who qualify in the main exam will be called for an interview.
- The total weightage of the interview is 150 marks.
For further details regarding the CGPSC exam pattern check the website at www.psc.cg.gov.in .