CAPF Exam Pattern:
The Central Armed Police Forces have released a notification inviting application for the recruitment of Assistant Commandants. The CAPF includes the Border Security Force (BSF), Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF), Central Industrial Security Force (CISF), Indo‐Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) and Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB). The Union Public Service Commission conducts the recruitment examination for CAPF. The CAPF exam pattern is important for all the eligible candidates who want to crack the exam.
Here are the details of the CAPF exam pattern:
The CAPF exam is held annually for the post of assistant commandant. The exam for 2020 will be held in August 2020.
Date of release of notification: 22nd April 2020
Date of registration of applications: 22nd April 2020
Last date to submit completed application: 12th May 2020
Date of release of admit card: 28th July 2020
Date of CAPF exam: 9th August 2020
Date of declaration of result: September 2020
- The candidate must be a citizen of India.
- Except with the consent of the guidelines laid down by the Government of India, a candidate from Nepal/ Bhutan can apply as well.
- Both male and female candidates can apply for the CAPF exam.
- Education: the candidate must possess a bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognized college/ university.
- Candidates awaiting their bachelor’s degree final year results can also apply for the CAPF exam
- Age: The candidate must be at least 20 years of age and not exceeded 25 years. The upper age relaxation is as follows:
- SC/ST: 5 years
- OBC: 3 Years
CAPF exam pattern:
- The CAPF exam is conducted in three stages. These include the following:
- Written exam
- Physical ability test
- Interview/ personality test
- The written examination consists of 2 papers.
- Paper 1: Objective paper
- Paper 2: Descriptive paper.
- Paper 1 is an offline pen and paper based exam.
- Paper 1 consists of multiple choice objective questions.
- Paper 1 will have questions on general ability and intelligence.
- Paper 2 is an offline pen and paper based exam.
- Paper 2 consists of descriptive questions.
- Paper 2 comprises of questions based on general studies, essay and comprehension.
Paper 1 Paper 2
Total questions: 200 (MCQ) Total questions: 6 (Descriptive)
Total Marks: 250 Total Marks: 200
Duration: 2 hours Duration: 3 hours
- The marking scheme of the exam is as follows:
- Incorrect answer: 1/3rd marks will be deducted.
- Questions that are not attempted: 0 marks.
- If a question has 2 answers then it will attract negative marking of 1/3rd marks, even if one of the answers is correct.
- Negative marking is applicable for paper 1.
For any further details or queries regarding CAPF exam pattern the candidates can check the website at www.upsc.gov.in .