Calicut University PhD Admission:
Established in 1968, the University of Calicut is one of the biggest in the state of Kerala. The university aims to “foster quality human resource and promoting productive research that benefits both local communities and wider humanity.” The Calicut University has released a notification for Calicut University PhD admission 2020.
Calicut University has 28 postgraduate research and teaching departments. The university offers full time and part-time research programs in the following departments:
- Faculty of Science
- Faculty of Language & Literature
- Faculty of Humanities
- Faculty of Commerce & Management Studies
- Faculty of Education
- Faculty of Journalism
- Faculty of Fine Arts
Interested candidates can apply for admission to PhD programs online at the website of the university. The university conducts an entrance exam for granting admission to PhD program. Based on the marks secured in the qualifying examination, the selected candidates will be called for an interview/ counselling at the university. The final list of selected candidates will be drawn and be posted online.
- The candidate must have completed a Master’s degree or equivalent from a recognized university with a minimum grade ‘B’ on the UGC 7 point scale or 55% or its equivalent.
- The candidate must have passed M.Phil with a minimum 55% or grade ‘B’ on the UGC 7 point scale or equivalent.
- If a candidate is employed with national laboratories in Universities/ Government/ Institutes or private organization and must have secured a minimum 55% or a grade ‘B’ on the UGC 7 point scale or equivalent.
- If a candidate has submitted his M.Phil dissertation and it has been evaluated and the score of viva is pending is also eligible to apply for admission to PhD program.
- SC/ ST candidates will be given a 10% relaxation in marks while OBC will be given 5% relaxation.
For any other details and queries on Calicut University PhD admission 2020 check the website of the university at www.cuonline.ac.in .