Calcutta University Phd Admission 2019:
The Calcutta University prides itself on being one of the oldest established seats of learning in the country. Calcutta University has many stalwarts as its alumnus. The university offers undergraduate, postgraduate, M.Phil and Ph.D. programs in its many colleges and institutes. The Calcutta university Ph.D. admissions 2019 are already over.
Here are the details of the Calcutta University Ph.D. admission 2019:
Selection Procedure: The selection of candidates is on the basis of a written examination called the Research Eligibility Test (RET). The RET is of 100 marks and a duration of 3 hours. Based on the merit secured in the written exam, the shortlisted candidates will be called for a personal interview. The RET is usually held in the last week of March followed by the interview also held in the last week of March.
- The candidate must have secured a minimum of 55% marks in M.Sc from a recognized university.
- SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/ differently-abled/ others: The candidates must have at least 50% to be eligible for the RET.
- Candidates who have previously cleared UGC/CSIR (JRF)/NET/SET/SLET or M. Phil will not have to appear for the RET.
Reservation of Seats: The reservation of seats is as follows:
- SC: 22%
- ST: 6%
- OBC (A): 10%
- OBC (B): 7%
Documents required for Calcutta University Ph.D admission 2019 are as follows:
- JRF/NET score
- Self-attested copies of mark sheet of the candidate.
- NOC, if the candidate is employed.
- Migration certificate if applicable.
- Caste certificate if applicable.
Interested candidates can download the application form for Ph.D. admission from the official website https://www.caluniv.ac.in/admission/. The candidate has to submit a duly filled application form, pay the application fee of 100/- and submit the form at the concerned department of the Calcutta University.