Calcutta University Mphil Admission 2020:
Calcutta University is one of the oldest educational institutions in the country. A rich heritage and a colorful past, Calcutta University has been imparting quality education for decades. The University conducts numerous undergraduate, postgraduate, doctoral programs. The Calcutta University M.Phil admission 2020 has been notified by the University on its online portal.
Here are the details of the Calcutta University M.Phil admission 2020:
The M.Phil program at Calcutta University is extremely prestigious. Candidates have to appear for a written test to gain admission to the program. However, candidates who have qualified in the NET/ SET exam are exempted from appearing for the entrance test. The written test is followed by an interview.
Listed below are the courses offered in M.Phil:
- Ancient Indian History & Culture
- Political Science
- Library & Information Science (Self-Financed)
- Arabic and Persian
Date of start of registration for application: 2nd week of December 2019
Date of written test for M.Phil Commerce and Indian Langauge and Literature: 10th January 2020
Date of written test for M.Phil Library & Information Science: 1st week of January 2020
Date of written test for History, Education and other courses: 1st week of January 2020
Date of written test for Arabic and Persian: Last week of February 2020
Date of declaration of result for M.Phil commerce: 16th January 2020
Date of declaration of result for M.Phil Indian Language and Literature: 13th January 2020
Declaration of result for other courses: 21st January 2020
M.Phil Commerce: 21st January 2020
M.Phil Indian Language and Literature: 20th January 2020
M.Phil Arabic and Persian: 1st week of March 2020
- The candidate must have passed M.A/M. Sc/M. Com/MLIS or equivalent examination to apply for the program.
- The candidate must have secured at least 55% marks in aggregate in the qualifying exam.
- Candidates must submit an “Equivalence Certificate” if they are from other states or have completed a degree from Distance University.
- Candidates of reserved category must submit a domicile certificate.
- General: 500/-
- SC/ ST/ PwD: 250/-
Documents to be attached with the application form:
- A copy of the certificate of birth.
- Mark sheets of class 10th and 12th.
- The mark sheet of the qualifying examination
- A copy of proof of income certificate.
- Receipt of payment of application fee.
- SC/ ST/ OBC/ PwD certificate if applicable
- NOC from the authority for employed applicants.
For any further details or queries regarding Calcutta University M.Phil admission, 2020 candidates can check the website at www.caluniv.ac.in .