CA Foundation Exam Pattern:
The Chartered Accountancy course is conducted by the Institute of Chartered Accountant of India (ICAI). For all those candidates aspiring to be chartered accountants, the CA Foundation exam has to be cleared. The CA Foundation exam pattern and syllabus has been released by the ICAI for interested candidates.
Here are the details of the CA Foundation exam pattern:
The CA Foundation exam is an entry level exam held twice a year at an all India level.
Date of start of CA Foundation exam form: 5th February 2020
Last date to submit CA application form: 26th February 2020
Date of CA Foundation exam: 11th, 13th, 15th and 17th May 2020
- Indian center: 1500/-
- Overseas center: $ 325
- Kathmandu: 2200/-
- The fee can be paid online through credit/ debit card or other net banking options.
- The candidate must have passed class 12th from a recognized school/ board.
- The candidate should have registered for the CA foundation course before the last day of registration.
CA Foundation exam pattern:
- The exam is a pen and paper based examination.
- The exam comprises of 4 papers.
- The exam comprises of questions in the following pattern:
- Paper 1 and 2 consists of subjective and descriptive questions
- Paper 3 and 4 consists of objective questions.
- The medium of the exam is Hindi/ English.
- The duration of the exam is as follows:
- Paper 1 and 2: 3 hours/ 180 minutes
- Paper 3 and 4: 2 hours/ 120 minutes
- The total weightage of the exam is 400 marks.
- The marking scheme is as follows:
- Paper 1 and 2: There is no negative marking.
- Paper 3 and 4: There is negative marking. 1/4th marks will be deducted for every incorrect answer.
|Paper 1 Principles and Practices of Accounting||100 marks|
|Paper 2 Business law Business Correspondence and Reporting||60 marks 40 marks|
|Paper 3 Business Mathematics and Logical Reasoning Statistics||60 marks 40 marks|
|Paper 4 Business Economics Business and Commercial Knowledge||60 marks 40 marks|
- The candidate must secure at least 40% in each paper and an aggregate of 50% to clear the CA Foundation exam.
For any other queries regarding CA Foundation exam pattern check the website www.icai.org .