BITSAT Exam Pattern:
The Birla Institute of Technology and Science Pilani is responsible for conducting the BITSAT. Candidates interested in seeking admission in integrated degree programs must attempt the BITSAT exam. BITSAT exam pattern will help candidates prepare for the exam in a methodical manner. The BITSAT is a national level exam conducted once every year.
Date of BITSAT exam: 6th to 10th August 2020
BITSAT Exam pattern:
- The BITSAT exam is a computer based online exam.
- The exam consists of multiple choice objective questions.
- The medium of the exam is English only.
- The total duration of the exam is 3 hours or 180 minutes.
- The total number of questions that will be asked are 150.
- The exam consists of 4 sections which include the following:
- English proficiency and logical reasoning
- Mathematics/ Biology
- The total weightage of the exam is 450 marks.
- The marking scheme is as follows:
- For every Correct answer: + 3 marks
- For every Incorrect answer: – 1 mark will be deducted
|Name of Section||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
|Part I – Physics||40||120|
|Part II – Chemistry||40||120|
|Part III (a) – English Proficiency||15||45|
|Part III (b) – Logical Reasoning||10||30|
|Part IV – Mathematics||45||135|
- The candidate is also given the option to attempt an additional 12 questions, if the candidate has attempted all the 150 questions of the BITSAT exam. These extra questions will only be given if sufficient time is left for the candidate. Each section will have 4 questions each.
- Once the candidate is given additional questions to attempt, he cannot attempt any correction in the previously done questions.
For any further details or queries regarding BITSAT exam pattern check the website at http://bitsadmission.com .