Best Places to Visit in Maharashtra:
With the distinction of being the third-largest state in India, Maharashtra is known for being the world’s second-most populous sub-national entity. Lying in the western peninsular region, Maharashtra has many cities and towns of significance. Mumbai the city of dreams is the capital of the state and it is also known as the financial capital of the country. The best places to visit in Maharashtra range from cities and towns of spiritual and religious importance to places of historical importance and much more.
Here is a list of best places to visit in Maharashtra:
- Mumbai: A mind-boggling mishmash of people, places, cultures, food and so on Mumbai is a must-visit the place to visit in Maharashtra. Movie studios, temples, beaches, architectural wonders, Mumbai has it all.
- Pune: Known as the Oxford of the east, Pune is not only known for its excellent educational institutions but also for its historical and cultural standing. The cosmopolitan city is a must visit for its swanky restaurants and yet its deep connect with the traditional life.
- Aurangabad: The city of Aurangabad transports you to the ancient world of the rulers and the ruled. The architectural ruins and the monuments present an amazing picture and landscape.
- Malvan: A quiet and peaceful fishing town ideal for a holiday, Malvan is extremely picturesque. The Kolamb beach, Malvan beach, Lighthouse Island, Burnt Island and other places offer a getaway from the city life.
- Other places include Tarkarli, Lavasa, Mahabaleshwar, Panchgani, Matheran, Shirdi, Lonavala, Alibaug, Nasik, Jejuri, Tadoba National Park, Koyna Wildlife Sanctuary, Chandoli National Park and many others.
From the scenic hill stations to the sultry beaches, spiritual travails transitioning to the movie capital, the best places to visit in Maharashtra offer the travelers an opportunity to experience the best that life has to offer.