Best Colleges To Pursue Journalism In India
Career opportunities in journalism are unlimited, it is held in high esteem and is also very well paid. Journalism per se is concerned with the collection and dissemination of news through electronic and print media. It is the activity of gathering, assessing, creating, and presenting news and information and also a product of all of these activities. The world is awash with communication both on the electronic platform and the print platform. Journalism plays a very important role as it provides people with verified information they can use to make better decisions, and its practices. A journalist is a person who writes journalism and whose work might appear in newspapers, magazines, websites, TV, radio. India offers some of the best journalistic courses and colleges in the world.
Listed below are the best colleges to pursue journalism in India:
- Mudra Institute of Communication, Ahmedabad
- Asian College of Journalism, Chennai
- Indian Institute of Journalism and New Media, Bangalore
- Symbiosis Institute of Mass Communication, Pune
- Indian Institute of Mass Communication, New Delhi
- Xavier Institute of Communication, Mumbai
- AJ Kidwai Mass Communication Research, Jamia Milia Islamia, New Delhi
- Manorama School of Communication, Kottayam
- Film and Television Institute of India, Pune
- Times School of Journalism, New Delhi
To be a successful journalist it is important to have a good command over language one want to pursue journalism in and also knowledge of the nation’s history, literature, and culture. A habit to read beyond one’s prescribed curriculum comes in very handy for those pursuing journalism, as one profession which constantly puts on test one’s knowledge and comprehension.
To pursue a bachelor degree in journalism, the minimum eligibility is set at 10+2 certificate and for Postgraduate degree courses, a graduate degree in journalism is required. Some institutes also offer one year certificate courses in journalism for which eligibility is 10+2.
The best journalism is easy to read, and just sounds like a nice, smart person telling you something interesting. Many of the best journalists have more often than not had any degree in journalism, however, that should not deter us. These best colleges for journalism in India will help you realise your dream in a journalistic career.