BARC Exam Pattern:
The Bhabha Atomic Research Center (BARC) is a leading agency for all scientific research in the country. BARC has released a notification regarding the recruitment of Scientific Officers. BARC conducts a recruitment exam for all its vacancies. The BARC exam pattern helps the candidates prepare for the exam in a meticulous manner.
The BARC exam is conducted on the lines of the GATE exam. BARC conducts the OCES (Orientation Course for Engineering Graduates and Science Post Graduates) and DGFS (DAE Graduate Fellowship Scheme for Engineering Graduates and Physics Graduates) for M.Tech and M.Chem.Engg. The OCES is a 1 year course while the DGFS is a 2 year course.
Date to start registeration of application: 26th December 2019
Last date to submit completed application: 3rd February 2020
Date of exam: 13th to 19th March 2020
- The candidate must be a citizen of India.
- The age criteria is as follows
- General: 26 years
- OBC: 29 years
- SC/ ST/ Dependents who died in 1984 riots/ domicile of Kashmir division: 31 years
- PwD: Age relaxation of 10 years
The selection procedure is conducted in 2 stages which include the following:
- Preliminary exam
- Advanced test
BARC exam pattern:
- The examination is a computer based online exam.
- The exam comprises of multiple choice objective questions.
- The total number of questions asked is 100.
- The duration of the exam is 2 hours or 120 minutes.
- The total weightage of the exam is 100 marks.
- The marking scheme is as follows:
- For Every Correct Answer: +3 marks
- For Every Incorrect answer: -1 marks will be deducted.
- Physical calculators will not be allowed inside the examination center.
- Virtual calculators will be made available on the system.
For any other details or queries regarding the BARC exam pattern check the website at https://www.barconlineexam.in/science/info-about-online-exam.html .