Most colleges in Karnataka conduct their own university exam for this course. Similarly, colleges have different eligibility criteria. But After 2016, the government of Karnataka has started conducting a common entrance exam (CET) for this course which will be applicable in most of the universities in the state. The government of Karnataka has issued a notification stating the details regarding the programme of Bachelor of Education admission for the year 2018-2019. The candidates shall make sure of the eligibility criteria before applying for the course.
This article includes all the possible information regarding the application process, eligibility criteria, and other related information. The eligibility criteria for the candidate who belong to general category is that the student who is a citizen of India shall have passed his school exams in a 10+2 format. Along with this, the interested candidate shall have passed BA or a BSc. Degree examination from Bangalore University, any other University in the country or any university from abroad which shall be recognised. The course of the degree shall be of 3 years. The interested candidate shall also have secured a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate of all the subjects or semesters the candidate has given during the period of 3 years of his graduation.
Along with the above criteria’s, the candidate shall have studied any one of the following languages
Below are the electives that the candidate must have studied during the three years of the candidates’ graduation.
The three electives from the following list must be studied.
- Political Science
The interested Candidates shall have passed in all the University Exams conducted during the three years. Candidate must have secured 45% of marks in aggregate instead of 50%. Rest all the conditions are the same.
The selection of the candidates is based on the merit in the entrance exam and reservation of seats as per the state government rules.The application shall be downloaded from the official website of the university. The fees of that college shall be transferred along with submission of application form.
The documents required while submitting the application form are as follows:
- Scanned copy of the photograph and signature separately in JPG format.
- Visually challenged candidates are required to give their left-hand thumb impression. The soft copy produced shall be submitted in the form of JPG only.
- If the candidate belongs to any reserved category then the certificate shall also be provided along with the application.
- The minimum age required for applying for this course is 18 years and there is no maximum age limit as per the rules of the ate government.
The following are the documents that are required to be Submitted at the Time of Admission:
- 10th standard passing certificate
- 12th standard passing certificate
- B. A or B.Sc. Complete three-year mark sheet.
- Provisional or Convocation certificate
- Migration certificate of the university
- Caste and Physically Handicap certificate.
- The candidate is required to carry 5 Passport size photographs at the time of admission.
The fees of the colleges for B.Ed. in the state is as follows.
- If the college is a fully Government college then the fees are Rs. 3000+ 2150= Rs. 5,150
- If a college is a government aided college then the fees are Rs. 4000+ 2150= Rs. 6,150
- If the college is not a government college and not also not a government aided college then the fees are Rs. 8000+ 2150= Rs.10,150