APPSC Group 1 Exam Pattern:
The Andhra Pradesh Public Service Commission is responsible for conducting the APPSC Group 1 recruitment exam for eligible candidates. The APPSC Group 1 exam is modelled on the Civil Services examination. The APPSC Group 1 exam pattern will help interested candidates to prepare for the exam in a methodical manner.
The APPSC is conducted in 3 phases. These include the following:
- Preliminary exam
- Main exam
APPSC Group 1 exam pattern:
- The APPSC Group 1 exam is a pen and paper based offline examination.
- The exam consists of multiple choice objective questions.
- The medium of the exam is Telugu/ English.
- The exam consists of 2 papers, Paper 1 and 2.
- Paper 1 is based on General Studies and Paper 2 is based on General Aptitude.
- The Paper 1 exam consists of questions based on General studies.
- The duration of the Paper 1 and 2 exam is 2 hours/ 120 minutes each.
- The number of questions asked in Paper 1 and 2 are 120 each.
- The total weightage of the exam is 120 marks.
- The marking scheme is as follows:
- Correct answer: +1 marks
- Incorrect answer: – 1/3rd marks will be deducted.
|Subject Name||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks|
|Paper –I – General Studies This paper consists of 04 parts i.e., ABCD each part carries 30 marks A. History and Culture. B. Constitution polity, Social Justice & International relations. C. Indian and Andhra Pradesh Economy & Planning. D. Geography.||120||120|
|Paper –II – General Aptitude This paper consists of 2 parts i.e., A and B each part carries 60 Marks A. General Mental Ability, Administrative and Psychological Abilities. B. (i) Science and Technology (ii) Current events of Regional, National & International importance||120|
- The APPSC Group 1 main exam is a pen and paper based offline exam.
- The exam consists of descriptive questions.
- The main exam consists of 7 papers, out of which 2 are qualifying in nature while the rest of 5 papers are merit based.
- The weightage of the exam is 150 marks for each paper.
- The duration of the exam is 3 hours/ 180 minutes for each paper.
- Paper 1 and 2 consist of language papers of Telugu and English.
- The remaining papers include the following:
- Paper 3: Essay
- Paper 4: History, Geography and Culture of India and Andhra Pradesh
- Paper 5: Indian Constitution, Polity, Governance
- Paper 6: Indian Economy and development and state economy and policies
- Paper 7: Science and Technology
- The medium of the exam is English/ Telugu.
|Telugu (Qualifying Only)||150||180 minutes|
|English (Qualifying Only)||150||180 minutes|
|Paper – I General Essay – on contemporary themes & issues of regional, national & international importance.||150||180 minutes|
|Paper-II History and Cultural and Geography of India and Andhra Pradesh||150||180 minutes|
|Paper -III Polity, constitution, Governance, Law and Ethics||150||180 minutes|
|Paper -IV Economy and Development of India and Andhra Pradesh||150||180 minutes|
|Paper -V Science, Technology and Environmental Issues||150||180 minutes|
|Total Marks||825 Marks|
For any further queries regarding APPSC Group 1 exam pattern check the website at www.psc.ap.gov.in .