AMCAT Exam Pattern:
Aspiring Minds Computer Adaptive Test (AMCAT) is an employability assessment test which is conducted to assess the aptitude, technical skills, reasoning and job specific domain skills. The AMCAT Test helps to find suitable candidates for the various job openings. The AMCAT exam pattern helps in the methodical preparation of the exam.
The AMCAT scores are accepted by various leading MNC’s across the country and the world. These include the following:
- Banking companies
- Telecommunication companies
- Financial companies
- Hotel and service industry
- IT Product companies and others
- Automobile companies
- The candidate must possess a MBA degree.
- The candidate must possess an Engineering degree in any branch.
- Candidates in the final year of graduation/ engineering/ MBA are aslo eligible to appear for AMCAT.
AMCAT exam pattern:
- The AMCAT exam is held every month across the various centers in India.
- The exam is a computer based online examination.
- The medium of the exam is English only.
- The AMCAT exam consists of several modules which the candidate can choose as per his educational profile.
- The AMCAT exam comprises of 2 modules. These include the following:
- Compulsory module
- Optional module
- Compulsory module consists of language and aptitude which is mandatory for all to attempt.
- The optional module gives the candidates the option to choose any 2 domain specific modules.
|Subject||Syllabus||No. of questions||Duration|
|English||Vocabulary Synonyms Antonyms Contextual Vocabulary Grammar Error Identification Sentence Improvement and Construction Comprehension Reading Comprehension||18||16 minutes|
|Quantitative Ability||Basic Mathematics Divisibility HCF and LCM Numbers, decimal fractions and power Applied Mathematics Profit and Loss Simple and Compound Interest Time, Speed and Distance Engineering Mathematics Logarithms Permutation and Combinations Probability||25: Engineering graduates 16: MBA and other graduates||35 minutes: Engineering graduates 16 minutes: MBA and other graduates|
|Logical Ability||Deductive Reasoning Coding deductive logic Directional sense Blood relations Objective Reasoning Selection decision tables Puzzles Inductive reasoning Coding pattern and Number series pattern recognition Analogy and Classification pattern recognition Abductive Reasoning Logical word sequence Data sufficiency||24||35 minutes|
|Aspiring Minds Personality Inventory test (AMPI)||AMPI is based on the five-factor model of Personality and measures five broad based traits which include Extraversion Conscientiousness Neuroticism Openness to Experience Agreeableness.||90||20 minutes|
|Information Gathering and Synthesis||Data Interpretation Information Ordering Rule Based Selection and Locating Information||15||20 minutes|
|Excel ( only for management graduates)||MS Excel Basics Formatting cells Insertion, deletion Page setup Cut, copy, paste Drop down Data Analysis and Presentation Managing worksheets and workbooks Pivot table Analyzing and organizing data Basic formulae Advanced excel Macros Sheet Protection||23||20 minutes|
The AMCAT module for optional subjects varies. For any other details or queries regarding AMCAT exam pattern check the website at https://www.myamcat.com/ .