AMCAT Exam Pattern:
The AMCAT exam is conducted for engineering aspirants seeking jobs in the Information Technology (IT) sector. The Aspiring Minds Computer Adaptive Test or AMCAT assesses the aptitude, reasoning skills, technical skills and job particular domain skills of eligible applicants. The AMCAT exam pattern will help applicants prepare for the exam methodically.
- The candidate must have completed MBA/ Engineering in any branch/ graduate in specific disciplines.
- Candidates appearing in the final year examination in MBA/ Engineering in any discipline/ specific subject are also eligible to appear for the AMCAT exam.
- There is no age limit to appear for the exam.
- A candidate must take a gap of 3 months between 2 successive attempts.
AMCAT exam pattern:
- The AMCAT exam is a computer based online examination.
- The medium of the exam is English.
- The duration of the exam is 3 hours/ 180 minutes.
- The exam consists of 4 sections which are as follows:
- English language test
- Logical ability
- Quantitative aptitude
- 2 optional subject
|English Comprehension||16 minutes / 18 questions||900 marks|
|Quantitative Ability||18 minutes / 16 questions||900 marks|
|Logical Ability||16 minutes / 14 questions||900 marks|
|Optional Subjects||Not disclosed||900 marks|
|Total||3 hours||3600 marks|
- The candidate must choose 2 optional subjects during the exam after attempting the first 3 mentioned.
- The AMCAT exam consists of 8 modules which are as follows:
- Aptitude Tech
- Information Gathering and Synthesis
|Engineering Graduate||Management Graduate||Any Graduate|
|Computer Science||Human Resource||Excel|
|Electronics & Semiconductors||Operations||Physics|
|Electrical||Bank & Financial Services||Chemistry|
|Polymer||Food and Beverage Services|
|Instrumentation||Finance & Accounting|
For any further details regarding AMCAT exam pattern check the website at https://www.myamcat.com/about-amcat.