AIIMS PG Exam Pattern:
The All India Institute of Medical Sciences or AIIMS is one of the most prestigious medical centers and research centers in India. AIIMS is known not only in India but also across the world as a premier institution. The AIIMS PG is one of the most sought after courses for medical students who want to complete their MD / MS after post-graduation. AIIMS PG exam is conducted by AIIMS for all those who seek admission in the postgraduate course. The AIIMS PG exam pattern helps candidates in the methodical preparation of the exam.
The AIIMS PG exam is held biannually in the month of January and July of every year. The entrance exam is held for admission to the following courses:
- MD/ MS/ MCh: 6 year course
- DM: 6 year course
- MD (hospital administration)/ DM/ MC: 3 year course
Date of start of basic registration: 27th November 2019
Last date to submit completed application: 10th February 2020 by 5 pm
Date of start of final registration: 9th to 23rd March 2020
Last date to submit completed application: 7th April 2020
Date of AIIMS PG exam: 3rd May 2020
AIIMS PG exam pattern:
- AIIMS does not release any prescribed format or syllabus for the PG exam. The exam is based on the subjects taught at MBBS and BDS levels.
- The AIIMS PG exam is a computer based online examination.
- The exam consists of multiple choice objective type questions.
- The medium of the examination is English.
- The total number of questions asked is 200 in MD/MS exam and 90 questions in MDS exam.
- The duration of the exam is 3 hours/ 180 minutes for MD/MS exam and 1 ½ hours / 90 minutes for MDS exam.
- The marking scheme is as follows:
Type of MCQs Correct Answer Incorrect Answer
Single Best Response +01 -1/3
Multiple True False +1/5 -1/5
Match the Following +1/4 -1/4
Sequential Arrangement +01 -01
Multiple Completion +01 -1/4
Reason Assertion +01 -1/4
Extended Matching +1/2 -1/2
For any further queries or details check the website at www.aiimsexams.org .