Affordable DIY Patio:
A typical house will always have some adjoining seating area in the front and the back of the house which is called the patio. This patio is often the most neglected also as we divert our energies to the inside of the house. This thought has often troubled people to take things into their own hands and go the DIY way to make some very affordable DIY patio for their homes.
Here is how you, too can make an affordable DIY patio:
- If your patio area has a tree then drape lights on it to give it a beautiful feel. Any overhead space can be decorated with lights of all colors shapes and styles. Use paper lanterns, string lights or anything fancy to decorate the patio space.
- Use drapes in sheer or any other material to not only shield from the sun and the heat but also give an elegant touch to the patio. Add some glamour with repurposed vintage items like chandeliers with candles, trailing vines and much more. These add beauty and give a classy touch to any patio.
- Add lots of greens and put them on display in your patio. Succulents, miniatures, bonsai plants and many others can be put on display on a shelf. These add a whiff of freshness to any drab looking space outdoors.
- Make vertical gardens. In case of space restraints or you don’t want to use a shelf to display your greens, opt for vertical gardens instead. These are budget-friendly and can be easily made at home the DIY way using pallets or old racks. You can use simple wooden boxes and baskets and put greens in them and hang on a hook in the patio.
- Use gravel around the patio area to give a good feel around the patio. You can also use crushed stone instead of gravel to give a grainy feel to the patio.
- Add a personal touch by using things around the house or creating some the DIY for an affordable DIY patio in your home.