Affordable DIY Party Ideas:
Parties can be an expensive affair to host. Forget budget, party planning can skyrocket if not kept under control. From decorations to catering, affordable DIY party ideas seem like a dream. Party ideas are innumerable when you come to throwing a party.
Here are some affordable DIY party ideas:
Hula Hoop DIY Chandelier
- Hula hoop
- 3 rolls of lace
- String lights
- Hot glue gun
- Locking wire or string
- Buy a hula hoop from a sports shop or use one lying around the home.
- Take some colored tape and roll it around the hula hoop.
- Once you have taped the entire hula hoop with colored tape, take the lace and roll it around the hula hoop. Glue the lace to the hoop so the lace doesn’t come off.
- Open the string lights and roll it around the hoop. Hang it in a wavy pattern across the hoop.
- Take some locking wire and tie it at three – eight corners on the hoop so that it can be hung from the ceiling.
- Connect to a source of power and turn on the magical lights for a beautiful string light chandelier.
DIY Tablecloth Party Backdrop
- 3 Plastic Rectangle Tablecloths (colors of your choice, I paid $2 for each of mine at Party City.)
- 4-8 Thumbtacks or Pushpins
- Good Sharp Scissors
- Decide on a theme for the party. Once done, fix the spot where the party table will be placed. Matching with the color of the theme, decide on a vertical or a horizontal party backdrop.
- Open one of the tablecloths out of the three. Put it on the wall with thumbtacks. Start from one corner and pin it up as you proceed.
- Once the first tablecloth has been put on the wall, check if it is level. If not then adjust. You can put the tablecloths in any order that you want, no particular sequence.
- Still if you want one color to be more prominent than the rest then put it as the last layer on top of the two tablecloths.
- Repeat the same process for putting the second tablecloth on top of the first one. Pin it in with tacks.
- Repeat the same procedure with the third tablecloth.
- Once all the tablecloths are overlapping one another on the wall behind the table, take a pair of scissors and cut strips up to 3-4 inches from the top of the tablecloths. Cut the strips of the overlapping tablecloths together.
- Once the strips have been cut, make braids of each set of strips together. Start from one side and proceed. Braid the 3 colored strips together from the top down.
- Braid down far enough to hold the strips together, with no particular sequence or pattern. Just braid each set together to get a blend of colors.
- Your DIY party backdrop is ready to rock.
Affordable DIY party ideas are easily attainable if you plan a little and look for things and materials in your own house instead of buying from the market.