Affordable DIY Party Favors:
Planning to throw and party and finding it difficult to decide on the party favor. Well, welcome to the gang of the confused. We might organize the party immaculately but deciding on a party favor can be a challenging task. DIY often comes to the rescue when it comes to affordable DIY party favors.
Here are some affordable DIY party favors to make the next time you throw a party:
DIY Soy Candles
- Soy wax flakes
- Containers – These can be vintage teacups, recycled jars, old tumblers, goblets etc.
- Pitcher with spout
- Fragrance oil about 2 ounces per pound candle wax. You can also use essential oils.
- Chopsticks, Popsicle sticks to hold the wick.
- Candle dye, optional
- Using a double boiler, melt the soy wax flakes and add your favorite scents and color dye.
- Once the flakes have completely melted, remove the pot from the double boiler and let cool.
- Simultaneously, use a blow dryer to warm up the jars and pour the wax into the containers, thread the wick with a Popsicle stick and allow it cool for a few hours until solid. Cut the wick about 1/4 inch long.
- Use recycled handmade gift wrap and tags to label the candle.
- Make labels for the candles and add them to the lids of the jar.
- The leftover unscented wax can be used to make tea lights for your home. (One pound of soy wax flakes makes two DIY favors using an 11 oz. jar and is inexpensive too).
Cookies in a Jar
- 1/2 cup + two tablespoons flour
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts/pecans)
- 1 liter jar
- Take a funnel and place it inside the jar. Add 1/2 cup + 2 teaspoons flour.
- Pack it with a potato masher in the bottom of the jar.
- Add 1/2 cup rolled oats.
- Stuff the rolled oats.
- In a jar mix 1/2 cup flour with 1/2 teaspoon baking soda and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Put this flour mixture into a jar pour the flour mixture into the jar.
- Pack the flour mixture properly.
- Add brown sugar.
- Mix in the white sugar and build up the edges.
- Add dried cranberries in a jar full of cookie.
- Add the white chocolate chips.
- Add the chopped nuts to the jar.
- Close the jar and add a label and a ribbon to give a personal touch.
- Add a handwritten label like the above or a printout and tie it to the jar. The instructions to making your own cookie from a jar can be handwritten or printout. The instructions include the following:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F/ 175 degrees C
- Line with parchment paper or grease a cookie sheet.
- Beat together 1/2 cup softened butter, 1 egg and 1 teaspoon of vanilla until fluffy in a medium bowl.
- Combine the entire jar of ingredients by hand till well blended.
- Heap spoonful’s and place them on the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for at least 8 to 10 minutes, or until edges start to brown.
- Cool on baking sheets, or remove to cool on wire racks.
Your cookies in a jar favor are ready for gifting.
These affordable DIY party favors don’t involve much effort and are ready in no time at all.