Affordable DIY Party Favors:
Deciding on some affordable party favors can be quite a daunting task. First, there is the party and then a small gift for the guests for them to remember you by! Party favors can be anything from a small jewelry box, cupcakes or anything under the sun. You can buy it or even better to add a personal touch go the DIY way and make some affordable DIY party favors.
Here are some affordable DIY party favors ideas for you to try:
Homemade Flavored Salts
- 3 cups red wine
- 1 cup coarse sea salt
- Take a pan and add red wine, bring it to a boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer and reduce to a syrup thick enough to coat a spoon.
- As the wine starts to reduce, keep an eye on it as it can go from thick to burnt quickly. It takes an estimated 15 to 30 minutes to reduce the wine.
- Add the salt immediately to the reduced wine and stir until the salt has completely absorbed the wine and has changed color.
- Pour this mixture onto a baking sheet and allow to air dry for 2 days stirring frequently. You can also dry the salt in the oven at 170°F or lower for 2 hours stirring frequently. Once dry, store in an air-tight container.
- You can make salt with anything like with bourbon, scotch and others.
Warm Vanilla Sugar Scrub
- First, 3 cups of turbinado raw cane sugar
- Second, 1/2 cup of extra virgin coconut oil
- Third, 1/2 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract, or a few drops of vanilla essential oil
- Mix all the ingredients together until well combined.
- To use, splash water on the skin and gently scrub. Rinse and pat dry.
So when you’re planning to throw your next party, do give a thought to some of these brilliant and affordable DIY party favors that can be made easily in the comfort of your home.