Affordable DIY Outdoor Fireplace:
A warm fireplace is all that the heart desires on cold wintery days and nights. Be it indoors or outdoors, a fireplace is enough to fester off the chill. An affordable DIY outdoor fireplace is as easy to construct as baking a cake!!
Here is how you can make an affordable DIY outdoor fireplace in a jiffy:
4 Tiered Fire Place:
- 48 10.25″ X 7″ tumbled stone wall blocks (in choice of color)
- 48 3.5″ X 7″ mini tumbled stone wall blocks (in choice of color)
- 6 bags of river rock (in choice of color)
- Weedkiller (optional)
- Tools: rake, hoe, shovel, 3-4 foot level.
- Earmark the location of the outdoor fireplace, find an area that is level and flat. It should be away from the branches and trees.
- Make the first tier by making a circle, switching the large and mini bricks to create a pattern.
- Ensure the bricks are evenly placed. If the first tier circle is more than an inch uneven, then remove the higher bricks and remove the dirt from underneath till the circle of bricks is level on all sides.
- Start the next layer by arranging the large and the small bricks in a circular pattern like the first tier. Place the small bricks on top of and in the middle of a larger brick to create a pattern.
- Ensure that the bricks are level and symmetrical.
- Clear at least 2 inches of the area around the fireplace with a shovel and hoe. Apply a weed killer as it will not allow the weeds to grow around the fireplace.
- Take some river rocks and place them around the fireplace.
- Spread the rest of the rocks in the bottom of the fireplace.
An affordable DIY outdoor fireplace is ready for a beautiful dance of the flames in a bonfire.