Affordable DIY Landscaping Ideas:
A well-manicured lawn with blooming flower beds, a water element to add to the Zen of the place, some excellent subdues lighting, the overall effect, It’s sure a shot stunner!! Landscaping can transform any area from zilch to dazzling. Landscaping doesn’t mean that you place your shrubs, bushes, trees, and flowers in a haphazard manner. It involves a well thought out plan and strategizing the design and concept of the garden that you strive for. The gorgeous always comes with a heavy price tag but with affordable DIY landscaping ideas, you can easily turn your greens into a garden.
Here are some affordable DIY landscaping ideas to help you get the much wanted outdoor setting:
- Use an easy to maintain ground cover like bishop’s weed, lamium and thyme. These spread easily and thrive in all seasons without much maintenance. This can be clubbed with grass to give your lawn the beautiful green edge.
- Use natural homemade compost for your plants. Homemade compost is easy to make and gives the plants much needed supply of nutrients that the plants need for staying healthy. All you have to do is mix you kitchen discards with mud/clay in the backyard.
- Instead of opting for mature plants and tiny seedlings, choose young saplings to grow in your garden. Young saplings take a little time but once they take root, they grow well.
- To add visual appeal to your garden, plant clusters of planters together to create height and depth to your garden. Combine plants of different profiles in your garden for landscaping. Use vertical plants like fuschia, horizontal plants like heliotrope and cascading plants like asparagus fern to create a visual delight with your planters.
- Add stepping stones in your garden for some landscaping finesse. Apart from creating a pathway, they connect areas of the lawn to one another. Just place some marble pieces or broken tiles to create a path.
- Plant perennials with vibrant leaves and flowers in your garden to save on buying fresh plants each year.
Affordable DIY landscaping ideas can convert a dry patch into a haven for your home. A place where you can just hang out with family and friends in the lap of nature.