Affordable DIY Home Building:
If you’ve been contemplating building a house, then you are one brave soul!! The arduous planning and budgeting is just the tip of the mammoth task ahead of building a home from scratch. From laying a strong foundation, to correct plumbing and electrical connections, constructing a house can be a laborious task and an expensive one at that.
Here are some very affordable DIY home building ideas for you to try while making a house of your dreams:
- Pallet Home – The magical pallets are the wonder material for any DIYer. Make furniture, décor, homes just about anything with pallets. It is definitely cheaper and cost-effective if you use energy-efficient things like solar panels and others in this pallet home.
- Stone Houses – One of the best materials to work with, stone houses are very sustainable, look beautiful and have an old-world charm to it.
- Shipping crate/ container homes – One option that has caught the fancy of the world is home building with shipping crates and containers. They are extremely cheap and have a modern industrial feel to it.
- House building with hemp concrete– This is a combination of hemp, water, and limestone, the material is fire resistant and more durable than concrete.
- Tiny Houses – These are small, petite and ecofriendly. Usually made of recycled/salvaged materials these houses are compact and can be moved easily from one place to another.
- Bamboo houses – One of the most environmental friendly are bamboo houses. Very strong, yet flexible, bamboo houses are a great option if you are planning to make an affordable DIY home building.
- Cob houses – These are another environment-friendly option made of a mixture of earth and straw. This mixture is applied in large handfuls to give it a unique design and are very durable too.
There are numerous option available when it comes to affordable DIY home building. You need to choose wisely and plan well to get the home of your dreams.