Affordable DIY Headboards:
Your bed is your safe haven from all the worries of the world. A good night’s sleep is much more than a million dollars. A nice bed with the right mattress is just the place to be for a relaxed night. But a nice bed comes with a hefty price. The fancy beds with gorgeous headboards steal your breath away and the pocket too. The dream of many to have an impressive yet comfortable headboard is met by DIY.
Here is how you can make an affordable DIY headboard:
- Old floorboards, barnwood or cast off wood.
- Table saw
- Craft paint
- Remove any nails or screws from the wooden boards.
- Sand the board well to get a smooth finish to the board.
- Cut the boards to the desired size with a saw, one that fits your size of the bed (king size or queen size or a single bed)
- Sand the boards again and wipe it clean.
- To make the headboard’s back support, cut three 1x2s to 2 inches shorter than the height of your headboard.
- Place the re-claimed boards with the front side down, and place the supports perpendicular to the boards.
- Screw the support boards onto the boards. (The supports will line up with the studs in the wall).
- If you want to embellish the headboard, use a stencil to mark the letters out and trace the letters onto the board.
- Take craft paint which is lead-free, to fill in the marked letters. Let dry completely.
- Screw the headboard into the studs on the wall. You can also hang the headboard with the help of heavy-duty hangers screwed into the wall.
Your smart headboard is ready and shining. This DIY headboard is affordable and doesn’t take more than a day to be ready. You can write or make a geometric pattern with a stencil on the headboard. And when you wish can change it again.