Affordable DIY Garden Ideas:
In today’s times, you’re lucky if you have a garden in your home especially if you live in the city. The garden needs every bit of TLC that it can get to give you the perfect getaway in the comfort of your home. Filled with flowers and foliage, the garden is your go-to place to unwind.
Here are some affordable DIY garden ideas to keep your little haven breathing and alive:
- Segregate your space in the garden with retaining walls. This help defines the flower beds and foliage areas. You can use medium-sized uneven rock slats, beer/ wine bottles, wood or bricks as retaining wall. The garden looks neat and also keep soil erosion in check.
- Create an island in your garden filled with trees, perennials, and herbs of varying heights. This gives the garden a much need lift. Always follow the thumb rule to plant in groups of odd numbers and repeat the grouping whenever possible.
- Get the garden walkway organized. Place crushed stone, gravel, river stones in the walkway. Intersperse it with grass or stone tiles or just stones to give the garden a neat and organized look.
- Recycle old tires as planters for your plants. This way you are being environment-friendly and enhancing the look of your garden too. either place the tire on a frame and fill it with beautiful seasonal flowers or just hang it from the tree, tires add a rustic charm to the garden and are a great DIY material too.
- Add a water element to your garden. Fountains, a small pond add a lot of depth to any garden.
- Lighting the garden adds another dimension to the feature.
Affordable DIY garden ideas not only help you save big time on expenses but also adds a personal touch to your garden.