Affordable DIY Fire Pit:
A cozy fire pit in the backyard often reminds you of the boisterous family gatherings on cold winter days. Beating the chill sitting huddled around the fire pit seems like one doable idea. Making a fire pit is no rocket science, with a little DIY help you can design your very own affordable DIY fire pit.
Here is how you can make an affordable DIY fire pit:
DIY fire pit
- Roughly 40 “old” bricks or pavers
- Spray Paint
- Landscaping Stone i.e. lava rock, gravel, timberlite.
- Lay out the bricks in this pattern or any pattern that you want. You can make a circular or a square pattern
- Mark the diameter in case you are making a circular fire pit, like the one here. Use paint or chalk to trace the edge of the fire pit.
- Once you have the outline of the fire pit you want, remove the bricks or pavers.
- Start digging the marked area. Depending on the pattern or configuration of your fire pit, dig out the excess soil and get some depth. For a fire pit of the size shown above, it should be roughly 14” deep.
- Once you have dug out the excess soil, make it level. Place the bricks or pavers back into the pattern you made and fill the gaps with landscape stone like gravel, lava rock and others that you chose.
- You can also fill with a concrete mix to make it sturdier.
Your affordable DIY fire pit is ready for some raucous evenings with friends and family. If you have the time you can make the fire pit in a matter of 2 days or more. This affordable DIY fire pit doesn’t incur high expenses as it uses old bricks or pavers making it inexpensive when compared to other fire pits.