Affordable DIY Fence:
You have a beautiful house, fabulous interiors and exteriors to match and a drab looking fence, which spoils the entire look of the house. It is important to keep in mind the overall aesthetics of your house while designing it. However keeping a budget in mind, it is always the fence of the house that gets the least attention. So you don’t want to spend a fortune on the fence, DIY comes to the rescue with some affordable DIY fence ideas that’ll give you what you need without burning a hole in your pocket.
Here is a great affordable DIY fence:
DIY Pallet Fence
- Take the pallets and cut the tops off all the pallets. Mark along the dotted line and saw off the tops.
- Flip over the pallets and cut the sides of the top part of the pallet.
- This should leave you with a fully intact front and a back with the upper portion cut off.
- Line up the pallets in a pattern that you like. Here they have been lined up in the sequence of 2 pallets, then a post. Connect the pallets with a scrap piece of wood and drill a portion of the wood into each of the pallets.
- Use the top piece of the pallet that was cut off for the posts. Stand the cut off piece of the pallet on itself. Use the stakes and little metal hook and drill it.
- You can also drill scrap wood on each side over the stake to give it more support.
- To make the gate use pallet fence panel and secured it to the pallets on either side about 6 inches up. And add a latch for closing it.
Your affordable DIY fence is ready in a matter of a day. All you have to do is gather the pallets depending on the perimeter of the fence and get started.