Affordable DIY Dog Food:
Pets are a blessing!! For all those who have pets would agree that pets become family and for all those who don’t have a pet yet, imagine cuddling with your furball and rolling out laughing. Like you and I, dogs need tender loving care, be it their hygiene, food and general upkeep. The food that you give to your pet dog also determines his food habits and his health. A shiny coat says that you’ve looked after him well. A happy pet is well-fed and loved too.
Here are some fabulous recipes of affordable DIY dog food that is homemade:
Bow Wow Brunch
- 3 cups cooked oatmeal
- 2 cups plain yogurt
- 2 cups of cottage cheese
- 2 Tablespoon safflower oil
- 1 banana, peeled and coarsely mashed
- 1 apple or pear, cored and chopped
- 1 cup ripe mashed mango
Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix thoroughly. Refrigerate. This will make about 8 cups of dog food.
- 1 cup cooked chicken
- half cup steamed vegetables (spinach, carrots, squash, broccoli, sweet potato)
- half cup prepared brown rice
- 4 Tbsp. broth without any salt/sodium.
- Combine all ingredients.
- 1 1/2 cups brown rice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 pounds ground turkey/ chicken/meat
- 3 cups baby spinach, chopped
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 1 zucchini, shredded
- 1/2 cup peas, fresh or frozen
- In a large saucepan of 3 cups water, cook rice and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large stockpot over medium heat. Add ground turkey/ chicken/ meat and cook until browned, about 3-5 minutes, making sure to crumble the turkey as it cooks.
- Stir in the spinach, carrots, zucchini, peas and brown rice until the spinach has wilted and the mixture is heated through about 3-5 minutes.
- Let it cool completely.
These affordable DIY dog food recipes are sure to whet the appetite of your fuzzball. So get started and give him a treat!