ACSIR PHD Admission January 2020:
The Academy of Scientific and Innovative Research or the AcSIR was established in 2011 as an Institution of National Importance. The institute was founded with the focus “to impart instruction and provide research opportunities in such areas that are not routinely taught in regular academic universities in India.” It is based on the Hub and Spokesmodel, where the hub looked after the central administrative functions and the Spokes consist of the 37 labs and the 6 units of CSIR spread across India. The AcSIR Ph.D. admission January 2020 will be notified by the end of the year 2019.
Here are the details of the AcSIR Ph.D. admission in January 2020:
Date of notification for admission to Ph.D January 2020: 20th September 2019
Last date to submit the completed application: 24th October 2019
Mode of submission of application: Online
Shortlisting of candidates: 4th November 2019
Date of the written exam/ interview: 19th November to 16th December 2019
Payment of fee for first semester: 31st December 2019
In case of vacancy, waitlisted candidates will be offered admission to the Ph.D program: 3rd January 2020
Date of the start of the Ph.D program: 17th January 2020
For Ph.D Sciences:
- The candidate must possess a degree in Technology/Engineering or medicine/Master’s in Science.
- The candidate must have a valid national level fellowship like JRF/SRF from a recognized agency or its equivalent.
- Senior Research fellows, Project Assistants, Group III technical staff, Group IV Scientists of CSIR are also eligible for the program.
For Ph.D Engineering:
- The candidate must have a Master’s in Technology/ Engineering or a 4/5 years Science degree or an integrated 5 year M.Tech or equivalent.
- The candidate must have been awarded a national level fellowship like JRF/NET.
- The candidate must fit into all the eligibility criteria specified by the CSIR- SRF.
- The candidate must be meritorious and a high achiever.
- The candidate must have passed B.E. / B.Tech with CGPA 8.5 and valid GATE / NET engineering (Rank <2000)
- The candidate must have passed B.E. / B.Tech with CGPA 8.5 and 2 years’ minimum experience as PA/CSIR SRF.
- The candidate must have passed B.E. / B.Tech or M.Sc. with CGPA 8.5 and/or Ranked first in University with a National level fellowship.
The interested candidates can apply for the AcSIR Ph.D. admission January 2020 program by logging in to the official website www.acsir.res.in . The admission to Ph.D. is conducted twice a year in January and August.